Friday, January 8, 2010

My Fat Peeps getting Skinny

The Biggest Loser on NBC has to be the best show... sigh... I love it!  I love it because it's reality TV making a POSITIVE impact on people's lives, not this other smutty crap that's strewn everywhere and designed to make some, if not all, of the cast fall apart.

Tuesday was the Season 9 Premier.  I loved every moment.  Not quite as heart wrenching as season 8 (oh Abby, you are a wonderous fantastic woman), but still great.  And yes,  I call them "my fat peeps".  It's an endearing term because I truly love them, and I am a part of their journey, I cry every show... the funny thing is, they're losing weight and I'm gaining (give me a break, I'm pregnant).   I couldn't believe how they had the cast "weigh in" this season.  It made me squeal in discomfort!  They actually had them weigh in in front of their home town!  WHAT!  Yes, shirts off, belly fat, stretch marks and all... bless their souls, that takes more guts than I can even think of mustering up.  Can you even imagine!?  I mean really... as if going to the beach isn't bad enough.  What if you had to weigh in!  I guess it was great motivation to NEVER show up in front of your hometown looking that way again.  Bless their hearts, first a hometown weigh in (sheer humiliation) and then.... "The Ranch".

They show up expecting to get to meet their fabulous trainers... but WHAMMO - challenge #1 smacks them in the face FIRST THING.  They had to ride 26.2 miles on a bike.  Imagine being 400-500lbs, and sitting on a bicycle seat!  YOWZA!  Not to mention the 26.2 miles.  But.. they DID IT!  Next.. they finally met the trainers.  Ahhhh...

Watching Jillian and Bob makes my heart pitter-patter. I would pay big money to have Jillian train me - I'm sure I'd cry, but man she's a kick booty gal and I LOVE IT.  It's that tough love and "put on your big girl panties" attitude that far too many people are lacking.  The reality of it all is that these people are saving their own lives and it's a great thing. 

One of my favorite episodes is coming up.  It's when they show the medical side of how each candidate.  They show images that are unreal and really make you thankful that no one has posted a photo of your entire body composition on prime time television!  Holy smokes, I can't wait. 

Till later... ta ta... and lay off the bon bons!

No comments:

Post a Comment