Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Doors to the outside...

So, I'm on the road (again) and while I love it and think it's very fun and rewarding to see new places, changing hotels each night is not my favorite.  I will give big kudos to Holiday Inn... they have really stepped up their game and I LOVE their pillows.  Weird... I know, please don't comment.  You'll never understand until you stay in random places over and over again.

One of my traveling rules is this: I don't stay at places where the door of my room connects to the "outside".  Technical, I know.   Think about it - you're a female, you're alone, you're staying in a strange town.... all you really want is a good night sleep and to wake up in one piece.  When I stay in a hotel, I have no problem accomplishing my good night of sleep (unless of course I'm cursed with bad neighbors) because on the other side of my door is a hallway, NOT the outside, NOT the rest of the world. 

Tonight, I am in a motel, albeit pretty nice, it is nonetheless a motel, and on the other side of my door is the "outside".  I plan on sleeping with the TV on tonight and baracading my door with the chairs and desk inside my room.  I will also nuzzle myself in bed on the farthest side from the door.  I mean really, those few inches of effort could seriously detur any invader.

I'm not a freak about this stuff usually, but this is one of my rules and my poor new sales person in training had NO CLUE that where we were staying had "outside doors".  Poor thing... I think she'll now live by the same rule, and I'm pretty sure she won't be sleeping well tonight either. 

It's time to go to sleep and I'm totally avoiding it... can you tell?  It's almost 11pm and I'm up writing about it.   Heavens bless us all.   The poor child in my belly is going to grow up with some serious issues, and when he does, please remind me of posts like this.

Now go snuggle into your bed, get a good night's sleep and say a quick prayer for me while you're at it.  Heck, give yourself an extra 15 minutes of sleep in the morning in honor of me and my sleepless night.

K... I'm really going now... signing off... eeek!  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment