Saturday, September 12, 2009

Packing and Thinking (odd combo)

What is it about packing for a trip that sucks so bad? (Disclaimer: I do not like the word "sucks", but it is fitting for the topic at hand - apologies.) Unpacking is absolutely AWFUL as well. I'm sure my husband could tell you what a horrible "unpacker" I am. But really... why UNPACK everything and actually put the suitcase away when you're just going to PACK again in like a week (ok, sometimes two weeks). Don't get me wrong, the purpose of packing and unpacking is fine, but I think the packing and unpacking is just too darn close to doing LAUNDRY. YES! That's it! It's just like doing laundry! And WHO likes doing laundry? Gag. The neverending cycle.

Anyhow, I'm leaving for my zippy cross-country venture and I'm PROCRASTINATING (not unusual) the PACKING ritual. Writing about it isn't helping ease the *suckyness either, but at least it's helping in my procrastination. See, I can admit it. I am a procrastinator by nature, but I'm also OVERLY productive as well. I think that's how I balance it all.

Heavy sigh.... GET IT TOGETHER! It's time to ATTACK and get this done. I'm off to put in another load of laundry and iron the necessary items for my trip along with clean the house and make sure my hubby is set for the week without me (BIG sad face). For those of you paying attention - YEP... I said BOTH of those awful words in one sentence - laundry and iron. Whhoooooolalala! Shivers down the spine!

Off I go! Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. Bless us all, these are NOT my strong points.

*I know this isn't a word, but this IS my blog = my rules!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am a proud follower of Ciara's book of life! Hip hip hooray!

    And I couldn't agree more with the packing, laundry, ironing hideousness. I have even told Tyler it almost makes vacations not worth going (almost).

    rae

    ReplyDelete